unChain Inc is an incorporated body of people who live or work in Port Phillip.
unChain believes in good governance within the local municipality and that community issues shouldn’t be fought on party political lines – we think the best councillors come from hard-working and involved members of the local community, rather than political party careerists.
unChain has a volunteer Committee of Management. The 2018 committee is:
- President – Peter Holland
- Secretary – Trevor White
- Vice President – Catherine Sharples
- Treasurer – Serge Thomann
unChain follows the Model Rules of incorporated associations with the following statement of purposes:
- To develop and support measures that will make Port Phillip an even better place for living, working and recreation
- To support the election of Councillors to the City of Port Phillip Council who are committed to the local community and are independent of and not aligned with political parties
- To engage with the local community on issues that affect their amenity, particularly issues relating to the environment, planning and local community inclusion.
- To support and ensure Councillors and other elected representatives stay connected with and act on local community concerns.
- To represent local community concerns to local, state and national politicians, governments and agencies.
- To assist in creating community by engaging and empowering people to comment on and take up local issues with appropriate authorities.
We welcome membership applications from any interested persons. Amongst the ranks of our wider membership, we have current and former members of all political parties.
To join our email list for updates, click here and enter your details.